MEET THE PERISH DOLNÍ KRUPÁ
The timbered two-storey parish building was built in 1785 after the restoration of the local parish. It is a unique monument of rural Baroque architecture, which combines traditional building methods and stylistic elements. The timbering was whitewashed with lime shortly after the construction of the rectory, according to the customs of the time. This aesthetic modification was removed only in the second half of the 20th century, when the wooden structures were painted dark, while the joints were highlighted with lime.
Together with the church of St. Václav’s rectory area and the adjacent area represent the natural center of the village with the so-called street-type development.
The parish served as the seat of the parish priest of Krupa continuously from the year of its establishment until the forced departure of the last clergyman Franz Hellmich from Dolní Krup in 1946 as part of the forced expulsion of the population of German origin. After that, it was used as a so-called harvest shelter for the children of local members of the collective farm and in the years 1974 to 2012 it was leased by the Diocese of Litoměřice for recreational purposes. In 2012, he bought the premises of the Central Bohemian Region parish and entrusted it to the administration of the Museum of the Mladá Boleslav Region.
INTERIORS OF THE PERISH
The two-storey building of the rectory is oriented with its gutter side to the road, from where the main entrance is situated. The housekeeper’s apartment is accessible from the hall on the ground floor, which is followed by a black kitchen and pantry. In the hall, opposite the main entrance, there is a passage to the courtyard. In the left part of the ground floor there was a parish office and an archive.
Stairs lead from the hall to the first floor, where the pastor’s apartment and a representative inspection room with stucco decoration on the ceiling were located. In the back wing we find a chamber with a latrine and stairs to the attic. Rich stucco decoration can also be found in the pastor’s apartment.